Thursday, September 17, 2015

Enjoying the darkness!

Now that the weather is changing with mornings becoming chillier and the sun is taking forever to shine in the early morning I am finding it harder to get moving. Years ago I could open my eyes and in a flash I would be out the door doing something that involved any fitness activity such as running, biking and training for the next race or even teaching a fitness class but alas today I would rather enjoy the morning and stay in the moment. I have always been a morning person and while I still love the early mornings, at his point in my life I do not feel the need to burn out before 9am. Today, I have slowed down and adjusted my life to enjoy the peacefulness and calmness of life in the wee hours of the morning and I must admit I love it. What a moment of life I am living these days. While I still get up  between 5-6am I love to be quiet and enjoy what the day may bring. Prayer is how I like to start my mornings and taking the time to read scripture while just enjoying that simple cup of coffee. I am finding that I love to start my day this way. Yes, I can honestly say that  I no longer feel the need to run out the door for fear of not getting it all in. The other day I actually had a thought "I will get to the world when I get there".  Wow, what a difference from the younger woman I remember I was many years ago. I want to feel the days as I mature in life. While I still have a lot of energy and look forward to the future and the new journey that I am looking forward to with a lot of hope I am beginning to see the world around me and how fast it is moving but I am choosing to slow down to see who and what is around me. I do not know about you but in the past few years I have been questioning my existence, my passion, my life and what is happening in the world. Here is what I am learning about my life while waiting for the next move. First, enjoy the moment for what it is. Then while  waiting for the next journey do what you can to improve our passion in where you are going. Be patient and above all follow the dream~ Hey, I have to go, I am running out the door to teach a class! Be Blessed~

No comments:

Post a Comment