Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jean's journey - Learning to Listen

Hmmm...sometimes one of the hardest things to do is listen to your body. Many of us overeat or binge eat in the words of Ms. Debra Mazda. Exercising is doing a great deal for my spirit, my body, and my mind. I'm eating less because I'm learning to listen to my body. In exercising, I have increased my metabolism which is helping me to eat less food and get full quicker. Instead of eating until I'm full or eating everything on my plate just because I paid for it, I've learned to eat until I'm satisfied. That's an accomplishment that's hard for some people to reach. I tell myself 'that's enough...you've had enough'...and I'm good. I learned from Debra to put half of my food in a 'to go' container before I start eating...never knew how effective doing that was until I started doing it. I only eat whats on my plate and I'm satisfied and don't feel bloated and overstuffed.

The greatest reward of all is, even when I don't exercise I still manage to lose weight or maintain my weight...that's so awesome. My body is burning calories even when I'm unable to work out.

I've never been so proud of myself. I will continue to say that.

My goals are in full swing. 2011...lets get it!

Keeping it moving!

Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment