Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lisa's story (told by Debra Mazda)

I met Lisa L. about a year ago and she told me that over the years she had put on weight and that she needed, as well as wanted, to take the weight off. She joined the ShapelyGirl Fitness Center and quickly joined the HEALTHY WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT GROUP that I run every Tuesday.

I knew Lisa’s weight loss would be a challenge for the both of us because Lisa is built pretty solid and she is very small in height, standing about 5 feet tall.

Lisa is married and a mother of 2 who works full-time and has 2 granddaughters who live with her. Anyone who lives with kids understands the challenge of not only helping them to eat healthy but keeping the junk food out of the house which I assume is probably impossible to do.

Lisa originally told me that her biggest eating issue was ‘NIGHTTIME EATING’. She would get settled in for the night and then hit the cabinets and fridge to satisfy this behavior that is part of her history as well as millions of other people, so I am sure most can certainly identify with this problem. This behavior is similar to going to a movie. Most are so used to going right to the counter to buy popcorn and candy and soda without even thinking they can bypass it and just watch the movie. You can deal with this if you pack some healthy snacks with you.

For weeks Lisa worked out and came to my class on Tuesday nights faithfully and for weeks no inches or weight loss were realized, all while she told me how she had changed the way she ate and really worked on eating healthy. Week after week she was DETERMINED to fight, and fight she did. She even hired me as her personal trainer and together we went to battle and I told her weekly it will come off when your body is ready to release and let go of that weight.

She was working toward her goal of seeing her daughter get married in April and go to her grade school reunion at the end of March looking and feeling better. She focused on this and never waived her commitment. She never missed a session and she walked through that storm for weeks and months. I kept telling her it will happen. Well, as of this writing I am so happy to say it has! As of March 23 Lisa has lost 11 pounds but more importantly she is down 14 inches. She looks more alive and energetic, her body is looking amazing and she is ecstatic! Her skin evens looks better. I am so happy for her and it has come at the right time. Her reunion is tomorrow and she is going to get her groove on. I mean tan, nails, toes, heels.

Lisa’s journey is like most women’s journeys who need to lose weight, the only difference is that while some give up my client, member and friend never gave up on herself and it has paid off big time for her! Lisa...have the best time of your life, you deserve it! I am so proud of her tenacity and her drive and I hope it does the same for you!

Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment